The Raw Dog Diet
Have you ever wondered why dog food comes in this huge bag filled with tiny kibbles of compressed unknown ingredients? Much of what goes into dog food is not high-quality in nature. Blood meal, bone meal, and fat frequently come from animal carcasses containing potentially harmful drugs or disease. Is it time to consider something better for your dog’s diet?
Raw Food Diet and Dog Behavior
Before marketing and advertisers took over the world of big business, what did dog’s eat? We take a look at how dog’s in the wild gain adequate nutrition. A wolf, for example, survives from a kill. The contents of the animals stomach are eaten first.
Doing this, the wolf takes in grains and vegetables, as well as, enzymes needed for good nutrition. Next, the wolf devours the meat and some bones. Protein and calcium have now been added to the diet.
Is raw food diet for dogs healthy?
This natural diet in the wilderness has been effective in maintaining quality health over the years. Unlike the domesticated dogs of today, such animals generally have excellent immune systems.
When your dog’s diet consists primarily of unhealthy animals, can you not assume that your dog will become unhealthy, as well? Today, veterinarians have seen more health problems with dogs than ever before.
Natural Dog Food
The natural raw diet feeds the immune system of your pet. Your dog’s diet will contain natural foods that provide the body what it needs to repair itself and perform at its best.
The raw diet is prepared one time a day. It is not complicated and well worth the time and effort to ensure the excellent health of your dog. Always consult your vet before altering your dog’s diet.
The raw dog diet has helped many dog’s combat health issues such as arthritis, skin problems, and weight trouble.
Raw food diet dog benefits
Ingredients of the raw diet include meat, veggies, and grains. Approximately half of the diet is meat. Vegetables, fruit, and grain cover the rest.
When preparing the dog’s diet, feed the dog about the same amount of the raw dog diet as you would kibble. This is a good starting point. From here, you can adjust the diet as necessary to meet your dog’s specific needs.
- ROZKITCH Bulldog Pajamas, Dog Soft Onesie Jumpsuit Warm Fleece 4-Legged Bodysuit Pant, Pet Cute Pattern Coat Costume… $21.89
- Fleece Warm Dog Jacket Coat Vest for Puppy Winter Cold Weather Soft Windproof Apparel for Small Medium Large Dogs - Red… $26.49
- Dog Winter Coat, ASENKU Dog Jacket Plaid Reversible Dog Vest Waterproof Cold Weather Dog Clothes Pet Apparel for Small… $24.99
- Witch Hat and Wig for Pets Dog Cat Costume Wizards Witches Hat for Pet Outfit for Dogs Cute Party Event Apparel Funny… $38.99
- Warm Dog Coat Reflective Dog Winter Jacket，Waterproof Windproof Dog Turtleneck Clothes for Cold Weather, Thicken Fleece… $20.95
- Frenchie Pet Apparel Black dot with Black Hoodie and Yellow Pompon for French Bulldog or Pug Wear $32.99
- Kuoser Dog Winter Coat, Reflective Cold Weather Dog Jacket, Reversible British Style Plaid Dog Coat Warm Cotton… $24.99
- Gjjijiiyuyf Dog Apparel & Accessories, Pet Clothing Pet Supplies Connection Jumpsui,Dress Plaid Casual Skirt Dog… $65.06
See The Butcher
Contact a local butcher to purchase ground turkey, for example. Each day prepare a bowl of 50% raw ground
Turkey with some wet oats. Juice some vegetables such as carrots and swiss chard and add the juice to the mix.
Juicing the vegetables helps to digest the enzymes for your pet. This is similar to the wolf consuming the contents from a stomach. Your dog’s diet will need a variety of different vegetables daily to maximize the potential for best vitamins and nutrients.
Raw Food Diet Vegetables
Carrots should always be the base and alter other veggies daily. The carrots will regularly supply potassium, calcium, vitamin A, B, C, D, and E. Greens offer vitamin A, C, and chlorophyll. Apples are good for vitamin C.
Certain veggies have healing properties. Kale, for instance, helps to remedy digestive disorders. Watercress and mustard greens help to cleanse the intestines.
Parsley helps the metabolism and thyroid. Celery has numerous advantages. It helps with chemical imbalances, blood flow, and is a natural diuretic. Beets are good for the blood. They offer copper and manganese.
Raw Food Diet Dogs Feeding Guide
Some foods to avoid include broccoli, cabbage, and turnips. These create intestinal gas. Cucumbers, onions, and potatoes do not digest well in a dog’s diet.
Flaxseed is a fabulous addition to the raw diet to encourage healthy joints and coat. The omega 6 and 3 fatty acids help with such conditions.
The raw diet for your dog can combat several health issues. The natural diet allows your dog to eat what nature intended. You know what foods are in your dog’s diet. The raw diet is high in quality and healthy for your pet.